The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Nafanio Female Autumn Hat with Flower Winter Beret Tide British Wool Bridal Dome Women Fascinator for Kentucky Derby
- Papaya Punch Kenneth Cole New York Womens Fall Faux Fur Faux Fur Jacket
- Rajnandini Black And orange Tussar Silk Printed Traditional Saree (Combo Of 2)
- Sexy Lingerie Stewardess Uniform Temptation Sao Sexy RolePlaying Passion Suit (color A)
- T Tahari Women's Gloria Sweater
- VIJIV Vintage 1920s Deco Beaded Sequin Embellished Flapper Dress with Sleeves Red
- White DIDK Women's Sheer Floral Lace Bow Knot Back Bodysuit
- 1 Bride (White gold) & 6 Bride Tribe (Natural) Bundle Funky Junque Women's Bold Cursive Embroidered Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun Hat
- WZW African Long Sleeves 2019 Evening Dresses gold Applique Mermaid Sequins Prom Gowns
- AKEY Clutch Bag Women Clutch,Vintage Beaded Sequin Evening Handbag Purse Wedding Bag Shoulder Bag. Evening Bag for Bridal (color Green, Size 18cm4.5cm16cm)
- Beach Bunny Women's Indian Summer Fringe Poncho Cover up
- BodyWrap Shapewear White Superior Derriere HighWaist Panty 49510
- Chantelle Pretty Graphie Padded Bra 3008 Sand 34F
- Designer Long Ivory Soft Lace Scarf Veil Catholic Veil Chapel Mantilla v18
- Fairy Tale YUSHENGSM Women's Spaghetti Strap Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Bridesmaid Party Gown
- Green San Diego Hat Company Womens RBL4828 Large Brim Ribbon Hat with Raffia Crown and Adjustable Tie
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite Printed WideSleeve Top
- Kasper Womens Cap Sleeve Dress with Cut Out Neck and Self Belt Dress
- LittleLittleSky Womens Monochrome Panel Front Black OnePiece Swimdress Swimwear Swimsuit ((US 810) M, Monochrome)
- Military Green Santa Cruz Women's Surge Dot Crop Hoody
- Noble Mount colorsplash Tote 7 colors
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport