The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- Ginger Milumia Women's Lace Round Neck Long Sleeve Solid Work Office Blouse Top
- Icebreaker Women's Stratus Long Sleeve Zip Hoodie
- KastKing Kenai Aviator Sunglasses for Men and Women, Mirror color TAC Polarized Lenses, UV Eye Predection,Lightweight Frame
- L'ivresse Women's One Shoulder Bridesmaids Long Goddess Dresses
- Mindful Maili by Nomad Gulli Cozy & Classic Nepali Handloom Meditation Fashion Shawl, Stole, Travel Shawl (31 x80 )
- Norma Kamali Womens Standard Four Sleeve All in One Dress
- Pretydress Women Lace Ball Gown Beaded Elegant Long Wedding dresses
- R&M Richards Womens 2 PCE Laced Godet Ankle Length Jacket Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Royal bluee Yuki Isabelle Solid Lace Up Split Formal Gowns High Low Long Evening Party Dresses
- Spyder Women's Reversible Pom Hat with Snap Off Pom
- Tutu.vivi Women's Beaded V Neck Tulle Formal Wedding Dresses Slit Long Evening Prom Gowns
- White Pattern Bamboo Chemo Hat
- YANXH Clothing Dress Women's Polka Print Sexy Oblique Shoulder Dresses
- 100% Lambswool Oversized Blanket Style Scarf Wrap Fuchsia & Cream Check Made in Scotland
- ANFF Women Spaghetti Straps Side Slit V Neck Sexy Formal Party Gowns Long Bridesmaid Dress for Weddings
- Bestjybt Womens Short Boots Socks Crochet Knitted Boot Cuffs Toppers Leg Warmers Socks
- Burgundy Stylefun Women's Aline Halter Floor Length Prom Dress Long Formal Evening Gown with Pockets XIN038
- Charter Club Women's ZipPocket Slim Leg Ankle Pants
- Desigual Women's 71B2EJ01221010 bluee Polyester TShirt
- FANCYINN Womens VNeck Button Down Shirt Dress Striped Long Sleeve Side Split Cover up
- Grey Defal Womens Long Sleeve Round Neck QuickDry Top TShirts Loose Gym Sports with Thumb Holes Pockets Comfortable Tunic Blouse
- J Kara Womens Plus Size Long Empire Waist Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Julitia Coats Women Plus Size Winter Hardy Warm Cotton Coat Female Zipper Pocket
- Light Grey Solitaire Fitted Embroidery and Crochet Knit Back Button Down Blouse
- Meetyou V Neck Cap Sleeve Vintage Lace Appliques Beaded Bridesmaid Formal Party Gowns
- NIC+ZOE Womens Stitched up Top
- Piper Womens Hena Top TShirt
- Rieshaneea Womens Junior Dresses Short Sleeve Prom Gown Lace HiLow
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport